By the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 1, 2019 No. PO-5647 “On measures to radically improve the public administration system in the field of transport”, the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Uzbekistan was established on the basis of the Uzbek Agency for Road Transport.
The Ministry is a government body for the development and implementation of a unified state policy in the field of development of automobile, railway, air, river transport, subway, as well as road facilities;
The powers and functions of the ministry are determined by the aforementioned decree, Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 1, 2019 No. PD-4143 “on the organization of activities of the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Uzbekistan”.
The Ministry carries out the tasks and functions assigned to it directly and through the territorial divisions and subordinate organizations included in its structure.
The main tasks of the ministry are:
1) development of a unified state transport policy aimed at integrating all types of transport into a single transport network of the Republic of Uzbekistan and joint development through the use of new efficient transport and logistics systems;
2) stimulating the development of the market of transport and logistics services, ensuring their popularity for all categories of consumers, as well as the implementation of a single tariff policy in the field of transport, aimed at attracting investment in the industry;
3) Development of proposals and implementation of measures to develop international transport corridors, improve the logistics system, efficient use of the country's transport potential, reduce the costs of business entities on the use of transport and logistics services;
4) Development of public-private partnerships in the field of transport and road facilities and increasing the investment attractiveness of the country;
5) the introduction of advanced information technologies for digitizing the entire transport system, the development and implementation of strategies for the future development of a single interconnected transport system of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
6) implementation of a unified technical policy in the field of roads, providing a comprehensive solution to the financing, design, construction, repair and operation of roads, airports and airports, railway stations, and other transport infrastructure, taking into account the interests of users;
7) Monitoring of transport, organization and investigation of accidents and catastrophes on civil aircraft and experimental aircraft, as well as railway and river accidents and catastrophes;
8) To ensure the national interests of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the world transport market through the development of international and regional cooperation in the field of transport and the road economy;
9) Systematic introduction of advanced methods of education, training, retraining and further training of personnel, taking into account current and future transport needs.
In accordance with its mandate, the Ministry has the following functions:
A) In the development of a unified State transport policy aimed at integrating all modes of transport into the unified transport network of the Republic of Uzbekistan and at joint development through the use of new efficient transport and logistics systems;
Implements a unified State policy for the development of transport and the road economy, increasing the efficiency and attractiveness of the transport sector and creating a healthy competitive environment in the field of transport and the road economy;
Develops a long-term vision of transport and road development that includes all issues related to ensuring coherent and systematic solutions to transport and road problems, taking into account an integrated approach; A forward-looking and scientifically based plan of sectors and territories;
Organizes studies of transport and logistics development problems and makes proposals to solve the problems identified, on the basis of the results of the study, to find ways to optimize the flow of passengers and goods between the countries of Central Asia and Europe; Development of international and regional transit through national transport links;
Develops proposals and implements measures for the development of international transport corridors, improvement of the logistics system, efficient use of the transit potential of the country, minimization of the costs of business entities for transport and logistics services;
Provides general supervision of the activities of the organizations under their supervision, carries out economic analysis of their activities, and, together with the heads of those organizations, ensures their effective work;
Monitors the export and import procedures of transport and road enterprises as part of the implementation of effective policies to increase the volume of exports and optimize imports;
Organizes and coordinates the implementation of a single technical policy in the field of transport and roads;
Prepares and submits, in accordance with the established procedure, for consideration draft laws and regulations in accordance with instructions from the President and the Cabinet of Ministers and on personal initiative;
Approves regulations on matters relating to the established sphere of activity;
Organizes and coordinates the work of subordinate organizations in the development of legal and regulatory instruments relating to the scope of their technical regulation activities;
Makes proposals to the Legislative Chamber and the Senate of the "Oliy Majlis", the Presidential Administration and the Cabinet of Ministers on improving the legal and regulatory framework for transport and roads; Effective use of existing and new international transport corridors for consideration;
To coordinate draft laws and regulations of ministries and departments, economic entities by mode of transport, development programmes and other documents on the development of transport and road sector activities;
Takes part, within the limits of its competence, in the formulation of draft programmes for the social and economic development of the Republic;
Develops measures to improve the position of the Republic of Uzbekistan in international transport and road economy performance ratings;
B) In the field of stimulating the development of the market for transport and logistics services, ensuring their popularity for all categories of consumers, and implementing a uniform transport tariff policy aimed at attracting investment in the sector:
In the field of transport and roads, implements a uniform tariff policy aimed at creating a healthy competitive environment in the transport market and protecting the interests of national companies;
It defines the main directions, conceptual approaches to the formation of tariffs for transport services provided to the population and organizations, taking into account the further development of market relations and the introduction of advanced information and communication technologies in the transport sector in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
Improving the regulatory framework for the formation and application of tariffs, including taking into account the requirements of international law and standards;
Participates in the regulation, coordination and harmonization of tariff policies, tariffs and fees in the field of transport and roads;
Prepares proposals for international meetings and conferences on tariffs in cooperation with transport companies;
Provides the satisfaction of aviation users in the need for air navigation services.
Implementation of tender mechanisms for automobile transport routes, development and approval of model agreements for city, suburban, intercity and international passenger routes;
C) Development of international transport corridors, development of proposals and implementation of measures to improve the logistics system, efficient use of the country's transport potential and reduce costs for business entities to use transport services; logistic services:
It implements a unified transit policy by preparing proposals for the development of transit capacities and increasing the competitiveness of transit corridors through the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
Develops measures to improve the efficiency of the logistics system, improve the position of the Republic of Uzbekistan in international ratings of logistics efficiency and minimize costs for business entities on transport and logistics services;
Develops proposals to diversify the existing and future development of existing transport corridors;
Develops a multimodal transport strategy;
D) In the field of developing public-private partnerships and increasing the country's investment attractiveness in the field of transport and roads.
Date the page was updated: 23.11.2021 09:37:56
Version for print